Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Summer Zucchini Overload? This Casserole is for you!

Hey there Seedlings! Megs here with a quick and easy summer zucchini (or summer squash would work too) casserole recipe.  In fact, it's so easy, I don't even really measure stuff  :D This will probably be my last post for a few days; will be taking some time to visit my fabulously lovely mother in law :)



You will need:
a huge zucchini (or several smaller zucchini)
shredded cheese to taste (I like about 1/2 to 3/4 cup total)
3 or 4 eggs or equivalent substitute
about 1/4 cup Panko breading or substitute
Salt and Pepper to taste
Mrs Dash to taste

Preheat oven to 375*
Slice zucchini and layer into the pan (as pictured).  Beat eggs together with a bit of salt, pepper, and Mrs. Dash and drizzle over the zucchini, trying to "get" all areas of the casserole.
Sprinkle cheese over zucchini.  Then, sprinkle Panko over the cheese.  Lightly spray or drizzle olive oil over the panko just enough to help it crisp up on the oven (or use dots of butter, your call!).  I like my Pampered Chef oil spray bottle for this.

Put on center rack in oven for roughly 30 to 45 minutes.  I tend to like my zucchini a bit "heartier" so I like to cook it for a slightly shorter amount of time; the longer you cook it, the more you are in danger of zucchini "soup" when you are done ;)

Take it out and enjoy! That's it! :D  A great crowd pleaser and a pretty frugal way to use vegetables as a main dish! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment