Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

How-to-TUESDAY!



Hello Seedlings! 
 
Happy How-to-Tuesday! Today I was searching through my Facebook pages, groups and friends and it dawned on me that I have not yet told you How-To- ..use Facebook Consignment groups to your advantage to get some SUPER DEALS! 

Over the course of the last few months I have been using Facebook Consignment groups to stock up on my daughter's winter clothing. As a new Mom, I am always searching for ways to get the name brands that I like at super deals. In the process of looking at the pages for Gymboree, Janie and Jack and Aden and Anais, I found that on the right hand side of the page Facebook did something INCREDIBLE! They listed the groups for buy/sell/trade for each of the brands that I was looking at.

Now, some of these groups are "lets talk about it groups" and some of these are "selling only groups" I am talking about the later of the two today. In these groups it works like this:
  1. I have an item that I want, so I go to the site such as GYMBOREE buy/sell/trade!
  2. I then have the choice to either post an ISO (in-search-of) OR I can peruse the page until I find something that I want. In the later scenario, I contact the seller on the post with "SOLD" and then message them with my PayPal address.
  3. The seller then send me a PayPal invoice and I pay through their secure system. 
  4. The seller ships my item and I put it in the laundry, :) 
  5. Transaction complete.
 I know i just simplified the process but it really does work that easily. Many of the groups have a policy where it is first come first served, no reservations and no holds. This is an important rule so those of us who use the system correctly don't get left out in the cold when undercutting bids (higher offers for products) are presented. If you like this type of use, I actually suggest Ebay.

Now, let's discuss LOCAL Facebook Consignment Groups. An amazing thing happened when I moved back to Washington from Virginia, I fell in love with online consignment. In the area that I live there is little to no high end consignment. This means that we travel 50+ miles to an Outlet to get 2 seasons old name brand items, or we order the current season online. YIKES! Either way, I was finding the child consignment stores a little frustrating in comparison to my home in Virginia. After LOTS of searching for items I wanted, I found that people selling on Craigslist wanted full or next to full asking price for sub-par items. I was disappointment and tried Ebay. After losing man many many bids on Ebay I got discouraged. UNTIL, I found a Facebook Secret. Local Moms use Facebook to start consignment groups so that the consignments stores don't get 60 percent of the profit! WE FIGURED IT OUT FOLKS! We like to keep our money, go figure.

This is how it works:


  1. Type in the Facebook Search bar, your local County or City and add after it Baby or Consignment.
  2. Many Groups are local to an "AREA" meaning if you live in an HOA (Home Owners Association) or a particular part of town, try this too. 
  3. Many of these groups say they are "Closed" all this means is that you need to request to be a member or prove with a picture that you are a parent. 
  4. Once your request is approved you can shop away! 
  5. Find something you like or post an ISO.
  6. Put "SOLD" in the comments section and contact or tag the seller in the comment 
  7. TIP: Always arrange to meet in a public place (remember my post about Craigslist?)
  8. DONE, Wash your items! 
Please keep in mind, Any way you decide to use Facebook groups it is always a good idea to protect your page and keep your pictures and information safe. 


 I hope that today's How-To-Tuesday, inspired you to become a Thrifty Shopper!

Grow Well!

Nichole 

No comments:

Post a Comment