Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Banana Cakes!


Hi everyone! Megs here with a fun, slightly more nutritious idea for cupcakes.  We often have bananas at our house, and despite frequent use there are often two or three that turn brown faster than we can eat them (or, as in this case, I had a few brown bananas from Gleaners).  So I prepared my favorite banana recipe from trusty Betty Crocker (available here), putting them in muffin cups instead of in loaf form.  I usually use regular milk with a teaspoon of lemon juice mixed in, in place of buttermilk.

I baked the cupcakes at 350* for about 18 minutes; may be more or less depending on your oven.  Once cooled, I used prepackaged frosting and frosting flavor (both were couponed at a great price) to make caramel frosting.





I frosted the banana "cakes" and boom, done!



They were a HUGE hit, and while I fully admit they are more "cake" than bread, at least there is some fruit in there :)  I think this would taste great with zucchini bread as well.  That's all for today, happy baking! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment