Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Not Pinterest Perfect? Me neither.

Hi there everyone.  Megs here, and today I've been thinking a lot about blogging.  More specifically, I've been thinking about how much I want this blog to be beyond awesome, to showcase everything good there is to be seen with living more frugally, embracing the moment, yada yada yada.  I am lucky to have a wonderful bloggy counterpart, Nichole, who is rather incredible (and has a gorgeously clean house! I've seen it. It's true).

I love scouring Pinterest for great ideas, for seeing what other people do and how they live and make beautiful things with hot glue and paint and mason jars (like MacGyver, but without the mullets).  I thought even more in depth about where I would like my LIFE to go, and how I would love to live in a Sunset Magazine spread.

Then I looked across my living room, and saw this:


Clean laundry that has yet to be folded.  A mass of toys that need to be sorted and put into their rightful boxes/baskets/buckets.


And then I looked into my kitchen and saw this:



Yes, I made homemade bean soup and apple Preacher's Pie today.  I have yet to clean up the aftermath.  This is much more common than I would like to admit.  And I still didn't show you the worst parts (because I figured you'd rather not look at the dirty laundry pile, with all of the unmentionables.  You're welcome).

I thought about all the times where maybe I have wanted to post a whiny/bad mood/slightly pity party status on facebook, and how I have always held back because I don't want to be "that" person.  So, what ends up happening is that I only post happy things, or funny things (although my daughter IS hilarious)!  But what is missing is the "rounded out" bit, where I get to put my humanity out there and let others "in" so to speak.  I would prefer to not seek attention, particularly negative attention.  And yet, my life isn't all sunshine and rainbows.  I doubt anyone's life truly is (except maybe Raffi.  God bless Raffi).  But, it really is okay to have bad days.

Even though my house could be more organized, and my hair more perfectly coiffed, I am learning to manage the real bits of life and not get too bogged down.  It's easy to do.  Like when you run out of clean clothes, wash them, then forget to put your clothes in the dryer before bed and end up wearing damp underwear to work.  Or, when you get almost all the way to work before remembering that you left the curling iron on and anxiety makes you call home to check, hoping your spouse is still home and (surprise!) you actually did turn it off.  Or when you are already late to work, and your toddler decides suddenly and absolutely that there is no way in h e double hockey sticks that she is going to get belted into her car seat.  I could go on, but I think you get my drift here.

I love this blog, and I love getting inspiration from others.  Sometimes there are dishes afterward, and sometimes they may not get washed until morning.  And, I'm okay with that.  I hope you are, too.




4 comments:

  1. I so agree with this Meg i loved reading this, and oh how i wish the fairies would make my kitchen spotless by morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too :) I would love for everything to be spotlessly clean all the time, but that isn't real life. I'd rather spend time with my family than have a perfect house, though :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the need to say that the only reason my house is "gorgeously clean" is because my Mom lives with me and is like having a live in maid/nanny. Otherwise, I would be just like the rest of you, desperately trying to figure out how in the world to make it all look "right".

    While I would love to say that I have it all together, I too must admit that my bedroom closet has seen better days and I struggle with the obsession of keeping items that I might "someday" need. I think that is the hardest part of starting. Once I get started on a project, I get to looking at my past instead of my future.
    I love my little girl, but she has far to many clothes that I will "someday" need again. I have recently purposed myself to go through it for the betterment of another child's life. ...I have gotten as far as looking at the boxes and sighing. I will let you know how this project goes at the end of the week in a fabulous new blog post.

    Thanks-

    Nichole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a fantastic sense of style...I love how you have things arranged, your decor, and also the functionality of your home. I also love that you aren't afraid to change things up!!! :) You inspire me in so many ways :D I can't wait to hear how your sorting goes! :)

      Delete