Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Thrifty Roundup


Hey there Appleseed Readers! Megs here with a new type of post that I hope to do more of as the year goes on.  Every once in a while, I come upon some smashing good deals while deal hunting and want to share.  So, here is the very first Thrifty Roundup! This particular trip included a grocery run to the local Albertson's store and a stop at an estate sale.  On my way through the store to pick up a few low price items on my "stock up" list, my sister and I stumbled upon the clearance section.  We snagged some great deals! Not pictured here are 4 Barbie dolls for my daughter's next Christmas present (including two with full extra outfit sets and one in a Christmas dress).  Yes, I will have to hold onto them for about 11 months, but I got 4 fantastic brand new Barbie sets for a grand total of $20! Here are the other highlights from the Albertson's trip:

These Larabars were just 25 cents apiece and are not even close to expiration date!



At $1 each, these sets will be great in my daughter's Easter basket in April :)
These fancy cookies will be lovely with coffee and were a steal at $1 per box (also nowhere near expiration date)

At just $1, this box of Bisquick will go quickly (a certain two-year old lovers "Mickey Mouse" pancakes!)

These organic wheat crackers will be a fantastic snack with goat cheese, and the $1.38 per box price was great.

Total savings this trip: $172.46! Woohoo! Shopping the circular, using coupons, and getting clearance deals ROCKS MY SOCKS!
The second stop on our roundup run was to an estate sale just outside of town.  I snagged some AWESOME finds there as well, spending just $50 total for everything I got.  Here are the highlights of that run:

This Higbee glass vase is a hard to find pattern and a family legacy. These can sell for upwards of $15 each, so it was a great find.

These funky porcelain doggies will keep my books in check! 

These copper bookends will save space and provide functionality on my desktop.

I use mason jars for glasses, and now I have a set of four large mugs with handles!  A fantastic find!

This super heavy old school metal tape dispenser isn't going anywhere! Love the deco styling.

My favorite by far was this collection of painted birds (and flower).  These will look great in my house and I love the soft colors!  
Thanks for joining me on my first Thrifty Roundup!


No comments:

Post a Comment